VL0612 / VL1212 – FULLY AUTOMATIC CHARGING SYSTEM FOR LEAD-ACID BATTERIES (6V / 12V)
To all residents of the European Union
Important environmental information about this product
This symbol on the device or the package indicates that disposal of the device after its lifecycle could harm
Do not dispose of the unit (or batteries) as unsorted municipal waste; it should be taken to a specialised
company for recycling.
This device should be returned to your distributor or to a local recycling service.
Respect the local environmental rules.
If in doubt, contact your local waste disposal authorities.
Thank you for buying the VL0612 / VL1212! Please read the manual thoroughly before bringing this device into service.
If the device was damaged in transit, don't install or use it and contact your dealer. This manual contains important
safety and operating instructions, please keep it for future reference.
2. Safety Instructions
WARNING: RISK OF EXPLOSIVE GASES. Working in the vicinity of a lead-acid battery is dangerous.
Batteries generate explosive gases during normal battery operation. For this reason, you should carefully
read and follow these instructions.
1. Keep away from children and unqualified persons.
2. To reduce the risk of battery explosion, follow these instructions and those marked on the battery carefully.
3. Never smoke or allow an open spark or flame in the vicinity of the battery or engine.
4. Do not expose the charger to rain or snow. For indoor use only.
5. The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the battery charger manufacturer may result in a risk of fire,
electric shock or personal injury.
6. To reduce the risk of damage to the electric plug and cord, pull the plug and not the cord when disconnecting the
7. Make sure the cord cannot be stepped on, tripped over or is not otherwise subjected to damage or stress.
8. Study all the battery manufacturer's specific precautions such as removing or not removing cell caps while
charging and recommended rates of charge.
9. Do not use the battery charger unless the battery voltage matches the output voltage rating of the charger.
10. Do not operate the charger in a closed-in area or in an area with restricted ventilation.
11. An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely necessary. The use of an improper extension cord could
result in a risk of fire and electric shock. If an extension cord must be used, make sure that:
a. the pins on the plug of the extension cord are the same number, size and shape as those of the charger plug.
b. the extension cord is properly wired and in good electrical condition.
c. the wire size is as specified in table 1 below. Do not operate the charger with damaged power core or plug.
d. The supply cord cannot be replaced. If the cord is damaged, the appliance should be discarded.
Cord length feet / metre
AWG cord size, table 1
12. To reduce the risk of electric shock, unplug the charger from the outlet before you start any maintenance or
13. Damage caused by disregard of certain guidelines in this manual is not covered by the warranty and the dealer
will not accept responsibility for any ensuing defects or problems.
14. All modifications of the device are forbidden for safety reasons. Damage caused by such modifications is not
covered by the warranty.
25ft / 7.60m
50ft / 15.25m
100ft / 30.50m
150ft / 45.75m